Thursday, March 19, 2009

3 Days in Hong Kong



For Christmas 2006, my family took a 3-day trip to Hong Kong. Well, it was supposed to be the whole family -- and then my poor dad got appendicitis the week before, so he had to stay home to recover. He insisted that my mom, my sister, and I go anyway -- I guess this was his way of saying that he'd rather recuperate from appendicitis alone that have three females all up in his business. We met two of my cousins in Hong Kong -- Florence had spent the fall semester studying in HK, and Mimi joined us from L.A. for the ride. It was quite the whirlwind trip, considering that a flight there basically takes up a whole day! We stayed at the beautiful Shangri-La hotel, did a LOT of shopping, ate some amazingly delicious food, went sight-seeing, and I even got to hang out with Kameron and her friends!

I'd love to go back to Hong Kong, perhaps sometime when I have more than three days to spend there. Trip highlights: just taking in the experience with people I love and realizing that my cramped quarters in New York really aren't so bad. Trip lowlight: choking on a vitamin and practically passing out in the middle of a dim sum joint. Very public humiliation.


Mama, Catherine, Mimi, and me on the top of the mountain:



The girl cousins of my mom's side of the family:



Mango shaved ice with Kameron and Nikki:



We paid a visit to Santa in a mall in Times Square:



Bird's-eye view of Hong Kong:





View from the Kowloon side:







Demonstrating my best Bruce Lee form:





A nighttime view of the city from the rotating restaurant where Uncle Corey took us on our last night:



My third mango shaved ice in three days. Yum!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing trip! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an exciting trip! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete