Monday, March 16, 2009

Nantucket Red



In August of 2006, I spent a relaxing few days in Nantucket with Sarah and her family. After boarding the smallest plane that I had ever seen in my life -- and registering my weight so that they could strategically place each passenger to avoid tipping the mini-plane to one side -- and then a weather detour in Hyannis, I finally descended upon ACK, the Nantucket airport. It was a truly amazing summer getaway -- an amazing host family, delicious homemade ice cream and frappes in town, boutique shopping, a preppy cocktail party with guests dressed in delightful whale-embroidered confections, tubing, Scrabble on the back porch, and lots of fun in the sun!

Most gorgeous summer home ever -- and this is just the main house!





My adorable guest room. Unlike Alex during the following summer, I did not have the unfortunate (albeit hilarious) experience of accidentally locking myself in here.


Cutest staircase ever! Those are all signs with the names of Nantucket beaches:


The view from my window:


Sarah's dad took us out on the boat to go tubing -- my first time! It was insanely fun and quite the arm workout to stay on the raft...


After tubing, we spent a good amount of time in the pool, having fun with my underwater camera.





On my second day in Nantucket, Sarah and I spent a fun day in town. One of the great things about the restaurants in Nantucket is that so many of them have such gorgeous views of the water, and the menus all have such amazing seafood options. We enjoyed a nice beachside lunch and hit up the adorable boutiques that line the main street. And Sarah made sure to take me to the delectable ice cream shop with fresh waffle cones -- you can smell those waffles from down the street!




And, of course, we hit up the beach!







My short visit to Nantucket ended way too quickly. Before I knew it, it was time to go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment