Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break in Napa



While our counterparts were busy getting triz-ashed in Cancun, Krissy and I spent our final college spring break living up a retired couple's lifestyle. We kicked off Spring Break 2007 with a Christina Aguilera concert (opening acts: Danity Kane and the Pussycat Dolls, not bad) -- which my parents and their friends also went to (random). We then brunched at the country club (again, with my parents and their friends -- what is wrong with us, really?) and drove to Napa, where we checked ourselves in at the Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa. That was sort of like what I imagine rehab to be like: lounging by the pool, drinking cucumber-infused water, and using the sauna and steam room. After an early dinner, we would retire to the hotel room, enjoy a glass of wine, and be asleep by midnight. After we left Napa, we spent time in my hometown getting foot massages and eating In-N-Out, one of my main food groups when I'm in California.

It was awesome.

At the Christina concert. I'm a little bitter that we had "meh" seats while the parentals and friends were down on the floor level. I mean, I really don't think my dad would be able to recognize Christina Aguilera if she walked up to him and smacked him in the face. But it's cool; I'm over it...


Itty-bitty Christina:


A very poorly-executed self-time shot:


HEAVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment